Industrialbicycles.com Logo

About Us

Founded in the year 1935 as Jacks Bike Shop, Jack and Dora Goocher started the business with just $55 and a lot of ambition. Jack rented a small wood building on Mason Street in Dearborn. With just four Columbia bicycles purchased from Montgomery Wards, the business was started.

The Goocher family has always been the entrepreneurs. During the Second World War the family started manufacturing tricycles. 10,000 tricycles were made in three sizes, 12”, 16”, and 20”. They were sold all over the country since all other bicycle manufacturers were in war production. The government shut down the tricycle business because they were using too much steel in the manufacturing process. Jacks’ employed forty people in their tricycle factory during 1944. After all the manufacturing costs were taken into account, the family made one dollar profit per tricycle.

In 2015 Industrialbicycles was featured on the front page of the Wall Street Journal for the sales of our recumbent trikes.