We have people from time to time want some crazy drive train built for there trike with crazy low gearing. Just the other day we had someone who wanted a 16 tooth front sprocket on the crank and wanted a second chainring with 42 teeth. Yes that will get you some ultra low gearing but there is no way to shift that broad of a change, nor does anyone make a derailleur that will work.
We now have available a cassette with a 40 Tooth low gear cog! Most 10sp cassettes largest cog is a 36 Tooth so having four teeth lower can be quite the big deal for some people.
- 10sp MTB 11-13-15-17-19-21-24-28-34-40
- 11-28 are steel and 34-40 are hard anodized 7075-T6 Al
- For 10spd Shimano/SRAM Mid or Long cage MTB derailleurs only
- For 1X10 or 2×10 MTB drivetrains only (adjust chain length accordingly)
- Avg. Weight 322g +/-
- The goal of this cassette is a no sacrifice, no compromise
‘Wide-Range’ 10sp MTB cassette that you can use an unmodified 10sp rear
derailleur with. 11-40 gearing allows this all while using your
existing 10sp wheels. No modifications, No adaptors.